Manchones Reef also holds the world known Underwater Museum MUSA, a collection of more than 300 human sized sculptures that were created with the intention to protect the reef and encourage coral growth. This museum is also called the Silent Evolution, eventually transforming into a complete reef ecosystem in the near future. Today the museum provides protection for many species and juveniles and represents a symbol of environment conscience.
Isla Mujeres National Marine Park offers shallow reefs with exciting dive sites, prized for the abundant sea life is the reef Manchones which holds a large number of species including turtles, angel fish, lobsters, sting rays and many more. The dive sites are within few minutes from Isla Mujeres and while you drive along in our boats we offer an opportunity to enjoy the turquoise water and incredible view of Isla Mujeres.
- Expedition: Reef Diving National Park Manchones and MUSA 2 Dives
- Location: Manchones Reef and the Underwater Museum MUSA National Park
- Participants Required: 1- 10
- Age of Kids: 10+
- Experience Required: Open Water Certification
- Availability: All year, departures daily
- Restrictions: Pregnant women, children under the age of 10 and medical problems like respiratory or heart issues
- Languages: English, Spanish, French and German
- Leader: Misael Fernandez
- Bilingual instructor
- Tanks, Weights, BCD, Regulator, Fins, Mask, Wetsuit
- Coffee in the office
- Snacks or Fruit
Itinerary (4 Hours):
- 1:00 pm – Boat departure and reef dive
- 1:30 pm – First Dive
- 3:00 pm -Second Dive
Bring sunscreen, towel, sun glasses, hat
Attention this is a Shared Boat Trip!! If you require a Private Trip at any date and time, please check our VIP Services Section to reserve the boat!!
IMPORTANT: We are at the mercy of sea and weather conditions as well as diving may be challenging for some people, locations may vary based on weather conditions and visibility, we highly recommend to stay at least two days on the island for a better weather window.
EQUIPMENT: All dive equipment is included in the price, however, this does not include a dive computer, There is also a $10 USD discount if you provide your own BCD and Regulator only.
Reef Diving Trip, Dive in the National Park of Isla Mujeres & Cancun!
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: MUMAD