About Night Diving
Night diving is a type of recreational diving which takes place at dusk or in total darkness. The diver can experience a different underwater environment at night because many marine animals are nocturnal. Night dives are special because even a familiar site looks different at night. When you make a day dive, you normally scan the entire dive site looking at your surroundings. At night, you see only the area of the dive site that is lit by your light. This forces you to slow down and concentrate on that one area.
Night dives in Isla Mujeres are generally done on Manchones Reef. This is a shallow reef full of sea turtles, sleeping Parrotfish, Octopus, Squid, Sea Urchins, Basket Sea Stars, and many other nighttime creatures! Bottom times at this location are long, which makes for great night time photography sessions. This is a dive you do not want to miss while in Isla Mujeres!
- Expedition: Night Diving National Park 1 Dive
- Location: Manchones Reef and the Underwater Museum MUSA National Park
- Participants Required: 1- 10
- Age of Kids: 15+
- Experience Required: Open Water Certification
- Availability: All year, departures daily
- Restrictions: Pregnant women, children under the age of 15 and medical problems like respiratory or heart issues
- Languages: English, Spanish, French and German
- Leader: Marco Valera
- Bilingual instructor
- Tanks, Weights, BCD, Regulator, Fins, Mask, Wetsuit
- Dive Lamp
- Coffee in the office
- Snacks or Fruit
Itinerary (2-3 Hours):
- 5:30 pm – Boat departure and night dive
- 6:00 pm – Reef Dive
Attention this is a Shared Boat Trip!! If you require a Private Trip at any date, please contact us directly to reserve the boat!!
IMPORTANT: We are at the mercy of sea and weather conditions as well as diving may be challenging for some people so we can’t guarantee the diving success however through our shop we have an 95% success rate and all the resources to accomplish the activity. We highly recommend to stay at least two days on the island for higher success rates and better weather window.
EQUIPMENT: All dive equipment is included in the price, however this does not include dive computer. Also there is a $10 USD Discount if you provide your own BCD and Regulator only.
Reef Diving Trip, Dive in the National Park of Isla Mujeres & Cancun!
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: ND