“From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.” ~ Jacques Yves Cousteau
There are many reasons why people decide to scuba dive. For some it’s the beauty of the reef and the marine life that inhabits it, for others it’s the thrill of penetrating a shipwreck, or the exhilarating feeling of being carried along in a fast-moving current during a drift dive. Some people love underwater photography, others enjoy the conservation aspect (coral watch surveys, sea turtle awareness studies etc).
Everyone has a different reason for scuba diving, but most would agree that it’s for the sheer enjoyment of experiencing the underwater world – a world so far removed from ours that it will truly amaze you.
Scuba diving is much easier than you would imagine. It also allows you to see a wider variety of marine life than you would typically see snorkeling, as you are able to dive deeper and find tiny critters like seahorses, lobsters, crabs, eels and octopus hidden within the cracks and crevices of the reef.
You will be amazed at the peace you experience in what Jacques Cousteau described as ‘The Silent World’, where the sound of your breathing and bubbles takes you away from the incessant ‘chatter and noise’ above the surface of the water.
For beginner or novice divers, dive site depth will be limited to 40ft/12m. Dive sites includes MUSA (the world’s largest underwater museum), Cross of the Bay, Atlantis, Manchones 1 and 2, Media Luna, Yunque and Pylas. Here you may find a variety of marine life including turtles, rays, angel fish, butterfly fish, lobster, dolphins and so much more.
For experienced divers, dive sites range from 40-100ft (12-30m) and include Punta Sur and La Bandera drift dives (where you can see turtles, dolphins and the occasional Manta Ray!), Punta Negra and Grampin (where you can see the occasional Black-tip sharks and some of the best coral formations in the area), Sleeping Sharks Cave (made famous by Jacques Cousteau and Ramon Bravo), the shipwrecks C55 and C58 (decommissioned Second World War gun boats) and many more sites to whet your appetite for adventure!
- 2 TANK REEF for certified divers: $80USD (equipment, tank, weights, fruit and water and marine park entrance fee included). If you are looking for beautiful hard and soft coral reef formations with numerous fish varieties, including the world famous underwater museum MUSA, then this is the right dive location for you. Suitable for all certification levels.
- 2 TANK ADVENTURE for certified divers: $100usd (equipment, tank, weights, fruit and water and marine park entrance fee included). Experience adventures in diving! Explore Isla Mujeres’ shipwrecks, its numerous drift dives and colorful reefs. Enjoy the lively underwater world with its many turtles, eaglerays, reef sharks, barracuda and many more.
- 1 TANK NIGHT DIVE for certified divers: $85USD (equipment, tank, weights, dive lamps, water and marine park entrance fee included). Night diving is a type of recreational diving which takes place in darkness. The diver can experience a different underwater environment at night, because many marine animals are nocturnal.
- 2 TANK DISCOVER SCUBA DIVING for beginner divers: $110USD (training, equipment and 2 open water dives included). Never been diving before? No problem! The PADI Discover Scuba Diving course is a one-day program designed to introduce you to the underwater world while using safe practices and minimal training.
- OPEN WATER COURSE $400USD (Get your basic certification in 3-5 days which will allow you to dive safely to a maximum depth of 18m/60ft – includes all materials, equipment, training and 4 open water dives.
- ADVANCE COURSE $380USD (Get your advance certification in 3-4 days which will increase your experience and knowledge and allow you to extend your depth limits to 30m/100ft) – includes all materials, equipment, training and 5 open water dives.
- RESCUE DIVER COURSE $450USD (Learn how to prevent and respond to diver emergencies and life-threatening situations, increasing your credibility of a safe and responsible diver) – includes all materials, equipment, training and open water skill development and scenario practices
- DIVEMASTER COURSE $900USD (join the rank of Padi professionals – if you live to dive, start diving to make a living!!!) – Materials not included and are sold separately. Course includes a month-long training internship and a minimum of 20 open water dives.
- Dive packages for buddies, groups or multiple day diving available upon request
Please contact us if you require any more information about different dive courses and experiences. Don’t delay – join us for an underwater adventure TODAY!
Recommended To Bring:
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Disposable or digital waterproof camera
- Hat or cap
- Sunglasses and towel
- Change to tip the captain and crew (optional)
Private tours are available by special request. Please contact us and a representative will be in touch to work out the details.